Friday, July 29, 2011

legs and ultra micro minis skirts

I guess at some point in the lives of some women, especially some young women the purchase and wear of ultra micro mini skirt becomes a must! I must now be at the age where other ladies use to be, when I got 'the look' for wearing a short dress or skirt to church...because today, though I am quite accepting of the fashion choices most young women and men make in clothing, I find myself drawn....not in a good way, to the ultra mini skirts which are donned by today's women! If it is not my age and level of acceptance, then maybe I am thinking critical thoughts because I feel they are in fact assaulting my eyesights! Or maybe it's because I am working so damn hard....working out in the gym, running etc.... to recapture some of the musculature which I possessed in my youth....that I really wish, I didn't have to look upon legs in various degrees of obesity and ghastly cellulite! Bare, naked legs, bulging under extremely short micro minis!!! I heard somewhere, it is against the law for boys to wear their pants below their bum! Well, a similar law should be passed for women with unattractive legs. I wonder whether they take a peep in the mirror...a full length mirror before they exit their homes, or do they bring very good friends along with them when they purchase their outfits....friends who will tell them...."guurrllll....dis ain't for you"! In the wisdom of my years, ladies, I humbly share with you that exposure of legs....the wearing of skirts and dresses which barely cover your arse is NOT SEXY for all who wear them! It can be viewed as a FASHION 'FAUX PAS' for those who aren't blessed with the right assets to pull off the wearing of this particular piece of clothing that so many of you deign to wear!

I may have 'rocked' an ultra shortie or two at various times after passing the age of 35...but it would have been as a one time fun thing or a dare! But, the truth is though, I know I have been blest with good legs! Today however, I won't be found dead in a micro mini, because despite endless hours in the gym, I know that my legs are NOT what they used to be in my 20's...lol! Also, I prefer a modest skirt that falls a few inches above the knee....far more sexy than just below one's backside! I am also very aware that to get the designation of being 'tres sexy', one would have to be dressed in clothes that accentuate her beautiful bod! Great legs....and let me stress....great legs...which simply means taut, toned, sculpted legs, with glowing skin on an equally toned and sculpted body...a body type that is slim and sexxy or voluptuous and sexy...is IT! I know many will say that 'our' black men...or 'our' Caribbean men love 'us' the bigger the better but keep in mind, the healthier the better too! While there is some truth re the black man and fat thing, the idea of keeping the body covered so that only 'he' can cast his eye upon the whole enchilada, would be a woman's wisest choice! I don't have to see it, whether I want to or not....because as soon one takes a step out of their casa... they are in the land of Joe Public and are therefore under the eyeball of others who would prefer not to be assaulted by the view of the visibly unattractive!

Yep...Carla T here keeping it real, as always!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha Carla, so true. You'll probably get a bunch of responses like those women are showing their "confidence" or if we don't like it we don't have to look, but I agree more with you. Confidence is not needing to let it all hang out. Confidence is knowing what actually looks good on you and wearing things that are actually flattering. Confidence is being able to leave something to the imagination. And we do have to look at it, whether we like it or not. I recently put a picture of a woman with a serious plumber's butt crack showing while at the Shiggidy Shack and no one in her party of 4 told her? Well, everyone else was talking about it and pointing (and taking pictures - not me, I wasn't there). This is the kind of attention people want? I don't get it. There are many ways to look beautiful and show that you know what your best assets are without shoving those assets (so to speak) in everyone else's faces. The TV show What Not to Wear has been trying to teach people the difference between Trashy and Classy for years. Even though it's not really working in the States (all you have to do is people watch at Walmart to learn this). Plus there is a place for everything. You don't wear miniskirts to go to your job at a bank. Nor do you wear your string bikini to the local Walmart (attractive or otherwise, although of course this perpetrator recently in the news was of the otherwise variety). Someone help us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already started getting my blows!!! My sister can't believe I wrote such a piece coming from a family of 'big' women! I reminded her that our mom use to say 'Police needs to arrest these women for the things they wear on the street!! She fired back well we are conservative and she agrees she too would not wear such clothing but she pointed out that everyone has to make their own choice and also women are being encouraged to embrace their self and that I should mind my own business and look away! She also reminded me that it is for the men and unless I am lesbian it shouldn't matter to me! This piece is NOT to knock big women, and thanks Renee for sharing on it further!!! This is to encourage women to wear what suits them best! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete